“Over-medicated with food comes from being under-educated about light”
The best healer in the world includes sunlight
There is a reason this page falls second under sleep on the menu bar. While you may have thought these pages would lead to a cabbage soup diet and 10k runs there are corrections you make to your daily life that you had maybe dismissed as ‘conspiracy theory’ style reasoning but are in fact the corner stones of being well.
Water & Deuterium
Look at this podcast
(More to follow)
Blue lights from cell phones, computers, overhead lights etc. does the following:
- Causes your body to produce sugar (called up regulating carbohydrate metabolism)
- Takes calcium from your bones
- Dehydrates you
- Ruins your sleep by affecting your melatonin
- Adversely affects your CRITICAL circadian rhythm
Blocking artificial light from your eyes from screens is the highest priority, but from your skin as well.
- Do not sit next to or under a strong light before bedtime. That literally makes you pre-diabetic and compounds with any carbohydrates that you’re eating already.
- Receive sunlight in your naked eyes first thing in the morning to begin melatonin production in your eyes that promotes melatonin production in the pineal gland.
- Gym outside or, if you can, turn of the lights and use natural light in which to work out
- Turn off the lights in your home and office whenever you can and use natural light – saves a few bucks too
- Limit cell phone, computer and gadget use – especially before bed. Take regular breaks if you have to work at a computer for long periods
- Use a blue light filter and or glasses
The benefits of direct sunlight (no sun cream) and or Vitamin D supplements are widely written about… and make sense. Those reading this with children know that pediatric doctors tell you get your newborn out in the sun… so why stop? I am not advocating extended periods in direct sunlight or any experience that will lead to getting sunburn however the benefits of direct sunlight include –
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves brain function
- Improves bone health
- Enhances the immune system (and therefore by reasoning actually reduces your likelihood of cancers and other diseases)
- Improves sleep
I indicated on my how page that to me your gut feel matters and for this I personally think of the days I have in the outdoors and usually out in the sun… feel better or worse at the end of the day?
I live in a tropical country and so have a few times a day out in the sun for a few minutes at a time… and I try and do this barefoot. I am aware this is contrary to WHO guidelines so please read the disclaimer and make your own decision. If you follow these guidelines the darker you are the more time you’ll need.
If you are not able to get sensible amounts of direct sunlight regularly you want to consider Vitamin D supplements.
The process of absorbing earth’s free flowing electrons from it’s surface through the soles of one’s feet. In other words go barefoot for some of the day… especially on the beach.
Your immune system functions optimally when your body has an adequate supply of electrons, which are easily and naturally obtained by barefoot contact with the Earth.
Research indicates that electrons from the Earth have antioxidant effects that can protect your body from inflammation and its many well-documented health consequences. For most of our evolutionary history, humans have had continuous contact with the Earth – until now (or at least fairly recent history).
The Earth is a natural source of electrons and subtle electrical fields, which are essential for proper functioning of immune systems, circulation, synchronization of biorhythms and other physiological processes and may actually be the most effective, essential, least expensive, and easiest to attain antioxidant.
Easy – take of your socks and shoes and enjoy some barefoot time whenever you can 🙂